Scientific research centers
- CNRS: The French national center for scientific research.
- UFC: University of Franche-Comté, France.
- FEMTO-ST: Joint research Institute between CNRS and UFC.
- CNES: French national center for space studies.
- IFISC: Institute for Cross-Disciplinary Physics and Complex Systems, Spain.
- IEEE: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- SFO: French Optical Society.
- SFP: French Physical Society.
- EPS: European Physical Society.
- EOS: European Optical Society.
- OSA: Optical Society of America.
- APS: American Physical Society.
- GDR Dycoec: French universitary think-tank group on complex systems.
- Collège de France: Online lectures on all aspects of science are freely available to everybody. In particular, the lecturers in physical sciences are extremely high profile scientists. Slides and multimedia files (audio/video) of the lectures are also available.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: "Free lecture notes, exams, and videos from MIT. No registration required." MIT initiated few years ago this ambitious program of online lectures. A visionary and successful endeavor.
- Scholarpedia: Wikipedia is undoubtedly one of the most important existing website. Scholarpedia obeys the same generic principles, except it is more dedicated to scholars. The encyclopedic articles are peer-reviewed, "dynamic, subject to an ongoing process of improvement moderated by their curators", so that they "are not frozen and outdated". And of course, they are free.